The Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 line of weather stations retain all the great features of the original Vantage Pro line but now incorporate many additional features and improvements!
The Davis Instruments 6162 Vantage Pro2 Plus with Solar Radiation and Ultra Violet sensors transmits and receives data from up to 1,000 feet away (line-of-sight) – that’s more than three football fields in length! This upgraded weather station has all the features that made the original Vantage Pro so famous, yet adds many more features such as button realignment to make navigating to often-used functions much easier; a redesigned rain collector that is laser-calibrated to ensure the best accuracy possible; and a re-tooled
Integrated Sensor Suite with upgraded electronics.
The Davis 6162 is a wireless Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Solar radiation and UV sensors consists of a console unit and an innovative integrated sensor suite that includes a rain collector with self-emptying bucket, temperature and humidity sensors and an anemometer. The sensor suite is housed inside a radiation shield, protecting the sensors against solar radiation and additional sources of reflected and/or radiated heat.
In addition, this high-tech Davis 6162 Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless Weather Station will track highs and lows (and/or totals and averages) for almost all weather variables for the past 24 days, months or years and track your local forecast!
With the expanded transmission range that can be extended with optional repeaters, this Davis 6162 Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus Weather Station includes an anemometer that can be mounted with the sensor suite or detached and placed in a separate location. Includes New Rain Gauge Design with Bird Spike Kit.
- Provides accurate weather data in a sophisticated yet easy-to-read format.
- Stylish backlit console provides continual updated weather information on 3.5-inch by 6-inch LCD screen.
- Wireless transmission means no unsightly cable leading into the house or office.
- Can retransmit information from one Vantage Pro2 console to another.
- Detailed instruction manual included and technical support available.
- Weather information includes inside/outside temperature and humidity, rainfall amount, wind speed, wind
- UV and Solar Radiation measurements also included.
- Additional weather information includes barometric pressure trend, heat index, dew point, time of sunrise and
- Rain collector is self-emptying aluminum-plated tipping bucket reading rainfall in 0.01-inch increments.
- Integrated sensor suite includes detachable anemometer.
- Sensor suite is powered by solar energy with backup battery life span of 1 to 2 years.
- Effective wireless transmission range 1,000 feet (line-of-sight) with typical range through walls, etc.,
- Operates on frequency-hopping spread spectrum of 902 to 928 MHz.
- Optional repeaters can increase wireless transmission range from 100 to 1,000 feet each depending on terrain.
- Maximum anemometer wind speed capability rated in excess of 170 mph.
- Expandable weather station compatible with up to eight different sensors.
- The transmitter and battery are housed inside a weather resistant shelter.
- Console powered by AC adapter with 3 “C” backup batteries (not included). Batteries last up to one year
- All mounting hardware is included.
- Set more than 70 alarms for multiple functions.
- Data logger and software package available, sold seperately.
- Optional tripod is available.
- One year manufacturer's warranty.
- U.S. Version, proudly made in America
What's In The Box:
- (1) Console with AC power adapter.
- (1) Integrated sensor suite with rain collector, temperature and humidity sensors, and anemometer.
- (1) 40 foot (12 meter) anemometer cable
- (1) AeroCone with bird spikes.
- Don’t forget to add a #07717 Mounting Pole or #07716 Mounting Tripod with your station purchase