The 4K316SSB is a floating oil skimmer designed to remove oil or other contaminants from water. Its average capacity is 4000L or 1000G per hour. Well suited to both large and confined environments, it is lightweight enough to be part of a mobile response kit. Made from 316 marine grade stainless steel it is robust and resistant to a large array of corrosive chemicals and can easily be installed by one person.
The standard floating head used on the 4K316SSB oil skimmer is made a polypropylene fabric concertina machined with a rigid PVC head that floats at the surface. As water is drawn down through the concertina it automatically adjusts its horizontal position relative to the water’s surface to allow the required amount of water as drawn by the pump to pass over it. The depth to which the weir positions below the surface of the water is known as the “cut”, the less the amount being pumped the finer the cut. It stands to reason therefore that the finer the cut is the heavier will be the concentration of contaminant drawn over the weir.
The preferred pumps to use in oily water handling to reduce emulsification of oil are positive displacement pumps such as helical rotor pumps or double diaphragm pumps. However if that is not a concern centrifugal pumps are also an option. Single diaphragm pumps are not recommended as they tend to pull the skimmers back and forth on the water’s surface thereby impeding the skimming action and leading to possible damage to the Skimmer. To achieve the best skimming results it is advisable to have the surface of the liquid as settled as possible. The 4K316SSB Micro Oil Skimmers however are designed in such a way that even in rough conditions they will obtain good results and withstand rough treatment.
- Light (4.15kg) and easily handled.
- Simple installation and operation.
- Unaffected by heat to 100c.
- Marine grade stainless steel (316SS) has high resistance to corrosion.
- Polypropylene & PVC heat and acid proof fittings.
- Floats, unaffected by changing water levels.
- Low maintenance - no mechanical moving parts.
- Small, 350mm diameter. operates in very restricted areas e.g. pits
- Can be controlled remotely.
- Supplied fully assembled
- Capacity, effective to 4000 litres/Ph (1000 US Gallons)
- Will work up to 6000 litres/Ph (1600 US Gallons)
- Will work on gravity alone, without a pump.
- We can configure our connection to suit your pump.
- The stainless steel K4316SSB Micro Oil Skimmer an be fitted with a 20mmpolyethylene trash guard.
- The 4K316SSB floating oil skimmer measures 340mm x 340mm x 230 to fit through a 350mm opening.
- The draught of the 4K316SS Floating Oil Skimmer is 160mm. That is from the water level to lowest part
- This skimmer can also be supplied with with a slip on trash guard made from a 20mm polyethylene.
What's In The Box:
- (1) Slip on trash guard made from a 20mm polyethylene.